HAZEL NICOLASORA, CPA (Phil)
Graduated CUM LAUDE at the Philippine School of Business Administration and was the 18th Placer in the Board Exam with a board rating of 87.71%. Started as associate for Joaquin Cunanan & Co (affiliate of Price Waterhouse International) and now has more than 15 years of relevant work experience in the fields of audit, accounting, tax and finance.
Hazel is the overall technical and operations leader of the team.
- Graduated CUM LAUDE with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Accountancy at Philippine School of Business Administration;
- Passed the Certified Public Accountant’s Board Exam (CPA) Philippines. PRC REG NO: 0097496;
- 18th Placer in the October 1998 Board Exam with a board rating of 87.71%;
- Was given an Award of Excellence by CPAR (CPA Review School of the Philippines).
Uy, Nicolasora and Associates ( UNA )
Managing Partner - May 2011 to Present
- Handles the accounting set up and systems of UNA clients;
- Provides the TAX expertise to UNA clients;
- Handles special engagements such as SEC amendments for clients;
- Assigns and delegates the work distribution among the UNA staffs;
- Reviews and approves all proposals to clients and ascertains that they are within the acceptable range of profitability;
- Handles all the administrative duties internal to UNA office and employees;
- Manages and controls the resources of UNA for maximum utilization and efficiency.
- Prepares UNA cash flows, CAPEX and projected P&L.
- Recommends HR related matters such as salary increases, leaves and benefits for UNA personnel.
Training and Corporate Services (TACS)
Senior Manager – 2 years
- Drafted audit programs, audit reports, tax returns and other work programs for the staff;
- Reviewed the financial audits and tax compliance reports prepared by the staff for the clients;
- Discussed results of the audits with the clients and made recommendations for improvements;
- Assisted the partners in the overall business development and plans for the firm.
SDC Development Corporation
VP-Finance & Admin - 6 years
- Headed the Accounting and Treasury Departments.
- Prepared timely and accurate management & financial reports.
- Interpreted the results of the Company’s operations and profitability.
- Prepared project feasibility studies for new projects;
- Prepared detailed cash flows and projections for strict compliance by the department heads;
- Prepared capital expenditure budgets;
- Negotiated with the banks on the lines needed by the company.
- Worked with the external auditors and the BIR on the year-end audits.
Filpride Energy Corporation
Accounting Manager – 2 years
- Reported directly to the CEO with regards to department's activities;
- Formulated the Financial Statements and analyzed financial condition of the company;
- Supervised the accounting personnel;
- Validated checks and check vouchers as to accuracy of entries and particulars and completeness of supporting documents;
- Monitored cash advances of officers and employees;
- Reviewed inventory movement analysis prepared by the inventory supervisor;
- Performed product costing;
- Performed audit functions to ensure that internal control procedures were in placed;
- Reviewed remittances of withholding taxes, VAT, HDMF, SSS, Phil health and other governmental requirements;
- Monitored payables to suppliers and receivables from customers to ensure that there were no overdue accounts both from suppliers and customers.
Municipal Government of Calumpit, Bulacan
Chief Accountant – 2 years
- Installed and maintained the internal audit system within the municipality and the various barangays;
- Prepared and submitted monthly and year end financial statements;
- Apprised the sanggunian and other local government officials on the financial condition and operation of the local government;
- Certified as to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
- Conducted pre-audit of disbursement vouchers to determine completeness of supporting documentations;
- Prepared and reviewed monthly remittance of withholding taxes of suppliers and employees, premium contributions of employees and other government reportorial requirements;
- Prepared and reviewed various accounting reports like bank reconciliation statements, Cash receipts Journal, Check and Cash Disbursements Journal;
- Monitored cash advances of employees.
Joaquin Cunanan and Company Member Firm of PRICEWATERHOUSE INTERNATIONAL
Associate (Assurance and Business Advisory Services) – 2 years
- Familiarized with the peculiarities of the industry to which the client belonged;
- Evaluated the client’s internal control system and proposes strategies and methods to management for effective internal control;
- Performed compliance and substantive tests on the major components of the financial statements;
- Evaluated client’s tax status;
- Assisted senior auditor and/or manager in identifying technical problems and developed solutions in the course of the engagement;
- Drafted financial statements, income tax return and internal control reports of clients.